PDA

View Full Version : Vertice distortion by Painting Weight

megamanx
09-15-2011, 03:14 AM
How can I fix this Painting tool distortion?
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/655/img34by.jpg

I try to change the brush, degrease the value of remotion, but still happening when I try to use in this place. I don't now what I did but I simply can't ue taht the vertice moves out of model.
What is the best way to erase to when this happen?

berniebernie
09-15-2011, 09:44 AM
the point going out probably has a zero weight value on every bone. AFAIK the skinning method has changed since 2011(?) (for the best, might I add) but this still happens if the single vertice has no weights at all. Select it and open the component editor (window>component editor, smoooth skin tab) to see/change the vertex value.

Sometimes having a max influence too low in the smooth skin option ****s things up.

megamanx
09-16-2011, 04:01 PM
I got it I try using the smooth skin but still making the vertice jump out. So I will try a ew version of Maya. Maybe this problem can be solved.
Thanks for the answer!

rapsalands
09-16-2011, 06:57 PM
i have faced it number of times, and definitely higher version of Maya may have some solutions. But it can be even fixed manually. Just check, one or the other bones must be having their weight on it. try selecting different bones and definitely you will find one or the other bone having full weight (1) on this vertex. just try to smooth it or remove (subtract) weight from it. Hope it helps...

CGTalk Moderation
09-16-2011, 06:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.