PDA

View Full Version : I can't use the Joint Tool Left view, only in the Front view, why?

megamanx
09-15-2011, 01:33 AM
Hi! I don't know whats happen but is this normal. The Joint Tool not worksonly in front view. Because I try t create some joint and nothings happen. What is the best solution for it?

megamanx
09-15-2011, 11:40 PM
Its ok now! I close the software and start a new project.
After it I import all again. I really don't know what I did to make that problem in last project.
So...that not a solution to active for now in my knowledge. So this solution above is good for a quickly fix.

WesHowe
09-15-2011, 11:51 PM
The joint tool works only against the grid in any view. That means from above in perspective and top, the front in front and the side in side. In any one of these, the joint is placed on the grid where you clicked.

After making the joint, you can move it to where you want it to go. Or you can use the MEL command joint to make it in some exact spot in one go.

<* Wes *>

CGTalk Moderation
09-15-2011, 11:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.