PDA

View Full Version : Scene: City

picksel
11-05-2003, 12:44 PM
hello everybody!!
it's my first background , i make this work with photoshop 7

http://users.skynet.be/Jweb/works/d/d_c/nightcity.jpg

please tell me what you think about my work?

Brej
11-05-2003, 01:55 PM
OH yea! - this really looks cool!:)
gooood wooork man!

:beer:

Zanith
11-05-2003, 07:36 PM
I would say for a first, this is frickin' AWESOME!! Nice work! :drool: :drool:

nattnewman
11-05-2003, 10:18 PM
Yep, this is juuust right.

It reminds me of a few different styles and some vanacular sci-fi and comic based films - certainly not a bad thing!

:beer: Keep on painting! :beer:

Nathan.

PS - I have been looking around here like crazy for something I think I saw back in August. It was by someone from france (i think) and the use of colour was very nice...very bold and there was this thing with a woman chung-li (street fighter) look alike was sitting on a stove eating noodles from a bowl. Anyone remember something like this? Its been driving me nuts trying to search for it :annoyed:

Cheers if you can be of some help!

Demie-Lune
11-06-2003, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by tekila
hello everybody!!
it's my first background (...) please tell me what you think about my work?

:eek: That's a chance it's your first one...!!! ;) I wish I could be that good on my first try!!! :p

Sceme
11-06-2003, 07:54 PM
i also like this :) BUT....(sorry for scaring with big letters), those windows just look flat, like there is nothing inside those buildings.
But hey, that could be just me. Great colors and mood :)

DANKA
11-06-2003, 10:02 PM
I like your stile!
The city looks hot and...peacefull!
look like a theatrical scenography!
:applause:

goldeneyes
11-06-2003, 10:18 PM
Wow, look great!

phoenix
11-07-2003, 04:58 AM
very nice....i love the lights

onscreen
11-07-2003, 10:25 AM
Marvellous details at the buildings and the windows panels.. could see alot of citizens in the city.. could imagine the current happenings in there :applause:

Pharaun
11-07-2003, 02:38 PM
Very moody and contrast. Did you intend to create a sci-fi city? The lighting seems very untraditional, but that only adds to the overall look.

inkfish
11-07-2003, 04:41 PM
wow ur photoshop skill is amazing! :applause:
it looks like it is created in 3D

kareanne
11-07-2003, 05:36 PM
i like it.very well done,especially the lighting effects .

Franz
11-08-2003, 02:44 AM
nice work. you might have some color variation to create some more depth. but it depends on what this bg is created for. nice work.:thumbsup:

William b. Hand
11-09-2003, 02:48 AM
Great Job!

Wow, your first landscape/environment in Photoshop, huh?
Reminds me of the city in "...Spirits Within" You know the one, I'm sure ;) !

CLICK ME (http://www.goodbrush.com/mainpage/index2.htm) (Then choose "Projects" from the upper menu, and then "FF:Spirits Within" will be topmost choice. It won't allow me to directly link to that area :annoyed: .)

I disagree with sceme's comment about the windows seeming flat... I think the windows look great, if a bit shaky in the foremost building.

Excellent start to what I hope will be a long line of environments from you!

:beer:

Propictales
11-09-2003, 01:15 PM
I like your picture very much!
But I think, I wouldn't have given the same color to all the windows, as if all the people would use the same illumination and room design. A little difference would add some life to the picture.

Also I would turn some more lights off to let some people get their sleep for the coming day.

Great pic!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.