PDA

View Full Version : Brush Dynamics

LightFreeze
11-05-2003, 09:14 AM
I got myself a cheap tablet which I am happy with and seems to work fine but I am having trouble with the brush dynamics.
When I change the settings and get the flow etc working the way I like if I change to another brush size then the dynamics reset.
Finally the question:-
is there a way to set all brushes to the same dynamics and save this setting - PS7

Ashe Tie'skar
11-07-2003, 12:23 AM
I am intersted in knowing this as well... Will someone please reply?

Levitateme
11-07-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by LightFreeze
I like if I change to another brush size then the dynamics reset.

I am pretty positive you cannot do this in 7. in photoshop Cs you can. you can lock all your brush settings. and i have been workin gin photoshop 7 for a few years now. and i have looked into this several times. so im pretty sure you cant.

LightFreeze
11-07-2003, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the confirmation, I was beginning to suspect that was the case

:thumbsdow

Started making my own brushes ....

then decided to go watch the paint dry :rolleyes:

Grimlock
11-15-2003, 10:50 AM
Umm..dude, you gotta save your brush. Click the little folded-paper icon at the bottom of the brush palette for adding a new brush to your current brush set, give it a unique name. Then save your brush set to a place in your hardrive, for future retrieval and use. This is only the beginning, you'll be creating hundreds of brushes and a plethora of sets for all types of illo work.
Hope this helps man!

Cheers!

Grimlock
Metal-stud muffin

Bronwen
11-16-2003, 10:14 PM
If you are using the same type of brush and just want a different size, you can change the size in the brush palette by dragging the slider up and down. The only drawback is that you can end up with spacing between your brush hits (making a line look like a string of dots). To fix that, you can change the brush's scattering dynamics to increase the count.

However, if you want a different type brush entirely, you're stuck! So I agree with Grimlock. Saving brushes = good.

-Bronwen

Xaint
11-20-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Levitateme
I am pretty positive you cannot do this in 7. in photoshop Cs you can. you can lock all your brush settings. and i have been workin gin photoshop 7 for a few years now. and i have looked into this several times. so im pretty sure you cant.

Hmmm, what is photoshop Cs? Did you mean Photoshop 7 CE?

wolver1ne
11-21-2003, 12:16 AM
Photoshop CS = Photoshop v8

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/

Xaint
11-21-2003, 02:09 AM
Thnx.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.