PDA

View Full Version : Troubled by Fonts and Conversion...

kylekwan
11-05-2003, 06:22 AM
Hi everyone!

Could anyone pls tell me the way to use Mac fonts in Windows based photoshop? Is there any software in the market that do the task? or is it possible thou?

And is there anyone that could tell me how to convert a bitmap image to a vector based illustration? If yes, how?

Thank you very much.

gORDEK
11-06-2003, 07:58 PM
hi there,

answer 1:

go get yourself some free progs like fontconverter or crossfont, they will do your job. another very cool proggie is fontographer (which also allows u to create ur own fonts) from adobe, but u have to pay for that! the free ones u can find at fontfreak...

answer 2:

many vector based paint tools have an option to convert bitmaps to vector art, e.g. freehand from macromedia. a tool, which is only used for converting bitmaps to vector is corel trace. but don't expect much from these progs, cause u still have to do a lot of tweaking by youself, cause these transform-tools get the vertex-count reaaallllyyy f****ing high and a printer who is ripping for hours and then crashes, is no fun....

peace out,

gordon

kylekwan
11-21-2003, 06:35 AM
thanks for the info

i'll try it and hopefully i solve the prob... thank you very much...

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.