PDA

View Full Version : Ques. about Morphmaps..

darkchyld88
11-05-2003, 05:19 AM
Is there anyway to set a Relative Morph Map into a Absolute one ?

SplineGod
11-05-2003, 05:20 AM
Lernie Ang has a free plugin to do that on his website (check on flay). I dont know that Ive seen anything in layout that supports absolute endomorphs though.

darkchyld88
11-05-2003, 06:21 AM
wat do u mean there isn't anything in layout that supports absolute endomorphs ? is it that it is not useable ?

ok anyway my problem is that i have set all my endomorphs and well i moved and rotated the character and so now all my morphs are distorted ... so like is there anyway that i can keep my character where it is now... and somehow transfer the endomorphs to it... ohh and i forgot to mention that this was for the facial morphs...

SplineGod
11-05-2003, 06:40 AM
I havent seen any way to use absolute endos in layout. There might be something that does. In modeler you should be able to use the rotate morph plugin to fix your problem. :)

darkchyld88
11-05-2003, 09:24 AM
yeh... just realized that too... at first i was afraid the morphs would somehow not work coz i also moved the object... but after trying moving doesn't seem to affect the morph but rotations does so yeh atm the prob. is solved ... Thanks for the tips man...

and there is a relative>absolute and absolute>relative plug in the faulkermano site which works pretty well but would take quite some time... about a few minute on a morphmap and i had eight so well just rotating the mophs helped save time : )

Tom Wood
11-05-2003, 04:26 PM
I recently tried the Rotate Morph tool, and all it did was distort the object. I tried all three axis, same result. I didn't enter anything in the X,Y, Z fields in the popup window, what goes there?

Thanx,

TW

SplineGod
11-05-2003, 04:41 PM
It seems to work fine. You just make sure you rotate the morph the same amount you rotated your characters

Tom Wood
11-05-2003, 04:48 PM
Hmmm...

What I did was create a base and series of morphs for some cartoon lips in a file by itself, all located at 90 degrees to the origin so I could get clear views of the points being moved. The lips in my avatar over there. Then I copied that to the character and moved them to the location I wanted and rotated them to fit against the head. Didn't work. What did work was copy all the targets and rotate them -before- turning them into endomorphs.

Thanx,

TW

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.