PDA

View Full Version : gammaCorrect node not working in maya2011

Eraq
09-07-2011, 07:14 AM
Hi folks.

Is it just me going crazy in the coconut??? I cant make the gammaCorrect-node to work at all i maya 2011 or 2012...

Does any one of you experience the same???

Cheers

Erik

doctorcillo
09-07-2011, 12:01 PM
That's happened to me sometimes when opening someone's else scene. Deleting the gamma correct node and creating a new one did the trick.

Anyway, If you're using mentalray and for some reason you can't get GammaCorrect node working, you could always use mip_gamma_gain.

Hope that helps!!

djx
09-07-2011, 12:10 PM
I've never had it not working.
How do you know it isn't working? Are you sure you are connecting an image or color that would be changed by gamma correction? ie one that is not pure black and white or full bright colors.

David

Eraq
09-08-2011, 06:37 AM
Hi... thanks for your replies.

Well I use the gammaCorrect-node to pipe into a, let say a Lambert shaders color. That is a part of my liniear workflow.
So I give the gammaCorrect-nodes value a color and the gamma-value is set to 0.454 and connect it with the Lambertshaders diffuse color...But in Maya2011 it does not work. I cant see any changes??

It used to work fine in Maya2010..

Cheers

Erik

CGTalk Moderation
09-08-2011, 06:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.