PDA

View Full Version : mia_material and Framebuffers

ClumsyFingers
09-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Hi,

I´m having several problems trying to get Framebuffers rendered correctly. I think the issue is with architectural material.

The main problem is that the main channel renders ok, but all the other framebuffers doesn´t render properly. The detpth channel renders almost all white, it can be tweaked with exposure controls in post. An the other Framebuffers render too dark, but when you try to brighten it you can´t, the info is missing (I´m rendering in tiff 16 bit).

I´m not using exposure control cause it ruins the framebuffers too. So I think its not a problem of exposure. I think I´ve Softimage configured to work in linear mode.

If i make a new scene with a few spheres with phong materials assigned, all works ok, reflection framebuffer, diffuse... but when I assign an Architectural material to one of the spheres, this one renders ok in main framebuffer but not as expected in the other framebuffers. So I think the problem is in the material.

Do anyone knows how i can solve it?

thanks.

RebelPixel
09-06-2011, 10:11 AM
http://frenchdog.wordpress.com/2008/10/25/mia_x-renderchannels-an-autodesk-compound/

try with this compound if it helps

ClumsyFingers
09-06-2011, 11:01 AM
thanks. I´ll try and post.

ClumsyFingers
09-06-2011, 02:45 PM
I´ve tried Guillaume´s compound and it seems to work but not at all. I make 2 spheres one with a phong and another with an architectural multi and Guillaume´s compound. Both materials have similar settings. In the main Framebuffer both looks almost the same.

Then, for comparison purposes if I store the phong´s reflection in mia_reflection framebuffer, architectural´s reflection looks weaker than the phongs one.

If I store the architectural´s reflection in reflection framebuffer, boths reflections looks the same.

Raw_reflection seems to be correct so I´m not sure what is the problem.

CGTalk Moderation
09-06-2011, 02:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.