PDA

View Full Version : How Do I: create shadows for green screen

xllr8
09-03-2011, 06:56 PM
http://boingboing.net/2011/08/30/100-years-of-east-london-style-in-100-seconds.html

looking at some of the shots in this video make me think it's greenscreen compositing. What I'm marveling over is the quality of the shadows. Any clues how that might be done?
or do you think it was all live action.

Laserschwert
09-04-2011, 02:06 AM
I don't think those are greenscreen shots...

And if they were, you could probably achieve those shadows by putting up greenscreen-boxes that match background pieces (like steps or curbs) and key the shadow itself.

CosmicRage
09-06-2011, 11:02 PM
You could always duplicate the green screened person and fill them black and blur and adjust the opacity and the orientation of the layer and get the desired effect. Just try to match the light source and the shadow color and such with others in the shot. But I agree, I don't think those are green screened. Good Luck

xllr8
09-08-2011, 01:57 AM
thanks for the input. upon closer examination I'd have to agree, though there were a couple where the backgrounds seemed a smaller scale than they might actually be in reality.

I like the suggestion to key shadows, though I dont have much experiance with that. I use keylight predominantly, and it'll usually take shadows right with it. I do suppose I could specifically to get strong shadows too.

CGTalk Moderation
09-08-2011, 01:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.