PDA

View Full Version : SSS rendering incorrectly after maya crashes

ASW
08-29-2011, 08:05 AM
Hi Im working on a character using maya 2011 and mental ray using a fast SSS shader ported through an MiaX material to control the spec. After maya crashed during a batch render, the next time I rendered the character all the SSS/MiaX shaders rednder incorrectly, with blown out spec and a much darker result overall. I'm beating my head against the wall trying to figure out what happened and my only thought is that the mental ray light map has gone corrupt. If any ones had anything like this happen them I'd love to hear how you fixed it. Thanks again

ASW
08-29-2011, 08:20 PM
Here what the render look like pre crash and post crash, I think I may just reinstall maya if I dont get any suggestion soon. Thanks in advance
http://www.redarmstudio.com/images/Beastmen_SSS_error.jpg
anything that is using the the same mental ray lightmap is rendering incorrectly but the fur and hair all look fine. weird

ASW
08-29-2011, 10:27 PM
Something within the scene file must have corrupted because in a last ditch effort I imported my character into a new scene the problem seems to have resolved it self. The odd thing is the scene I was rendering before the crash had the character referenced in it and some how the the crash affected both the animation scene and the original character file. really odd.

CGTalk Moderation
08-29-2011, 10:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.