PDA

View Full Version : Please feedback my WIP rig

lyco84
08-28-2011, 06:44 PM
Hello,

I tried to create my first rig using technics I've learned. The model I used is the game character rig tutorial at digitaltutors. I encountered several problems. I would really appreciate it, if you guys could take a look at it and give me some feedback. The model is not facial rigged nor skinned weightend. Also the fingers aren't rigged.
Following big errors occure when using the rig, would be nice if you could tell me how you would solve the problems.

Arm ikFk switch, strange behavior. I guess I know why this happens, but I don't know what would be the easiest and quickest way to fix it?
Head, arms and legs geo is not connected to torse? How can I connect them back, after it is rigged?
These are the two main issues I noticed. I'm sure you'll find lots and lots of errors.

Please feel free to give me any feedback/tipps, I can use for my next practicing bipedal rig.
You can download the .ma file here (.zip 0.4mb) (http://www.easy-share.com/1917773967/17.zip)

Just scroll down to "regular download" it's free.

Thank you very much

Boucha
08-29-2011, 01:55 AM
Samir, the rigs looks OK but there are some issues. The arm IK FK blending is flipping. I am wondering if there could be just one IK arm controller for both translation and rotation controller. I assume you placed it in order to match the rotational axis of the wrist since the arm is somewhat in 45 degree angle position. When the spline controllers are moved the head is also moving, this should be avoided. Also, it is better if chest is moved only the chest region moves but not the hip portion and vice versa! You donot have a shoulder and body COG controller. Overall good going there buddy; keep it up :)

CGTalk Moderation
08-29-2011, 01:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.