PDA

View Full Version : WIP be gentle

finearts2
06-07-2002, 04:28 PM
Hello fellow 4ders(?)
I wanted to post a model I've started on in xl6.3 a couple of days ago and get your opinions. A good friend of mine is working on a 3d animation with me , and I thought it would be great to get your feedback as I update the model(s). This is my 1st 3d model EVER, so be gentle.
I do take advise well so give me whatever you can. I am of course just starting out, but I love Maxon and their product and find that xl is the only program I think I'll ever really want to use, (been to visual MAYA training classes to see what can be done in the program ... good program but I feel more at ease with cinema)
Hope you like.
Thanks

finearts2
06-07-2002, 04:31 PM
By the way... I just thru a couple of rectangles in the mouth to show where the teeth will go and to make the mouth stand out a little more from the back of his throat.
Sorry about that:)

Grey
06-08-2002, 04:20 AM
have you seen the project based tutorial section at maxon.net ?

There's a tutorial on figure modelling which includes a very good ear tutorial that you might check out.

I like your character, he's got a lot of it!

This is your first model EVER you say?

I don't believe you :D

finearts2
06-08-2002, 05:36 AM
Thanks for responding already GREY.

Yup, my first model.

I got a incredible deal with Maxon (love the program by the way) and am trying my dardest to learn it inside and out.

Yes, the ears are a little funky. I had originally modeled them out to look real, but with the character looking pretty much the way I wanted him to (goofy) I went to the other extreme, but I think I"ll be shooting for something inbetween.
Also, I have seen the tutorials at Maxon. If they weren't available, I'd have less hair on my head than the model. LOL

I hope to have an adjusted head with the shirt and hands up this next week.
Thanks again. B):)

Grey
06-08-2002, 05:48 AM
I love your model... What do you call him, BTW?

I'm also working on my first scratchbuilt figure model in C4D. When I'm satisfied I have something to show I'll show it. As I'm not used to polygon modelling (my regular modeller is Rhino).

I'm also curious to know how you started him off? Is he started from a single polygon or a cube, cylinder or sphere?

finearts2
06-08-2002, 06:06 AM
Thanks again GREY!!
I really don't have a exact name for him yet (working on a few) but I can you and anyone else a slight idea what he's going to b doing in the animation when it's done.
It involves him being in a public service announcement that gets him into alot of trouble (PG rated- nothing that a 10 year old couldn't watch and get the joke)

I modeled him in patches c4d style, but the next couple of characters in the animation will probably be built starting out with a cube.

When you post your work, e-mail me. I really enjoy seeing others work.

JIM

sad
06-08-2002, 04:43 PM
is it your first 3d-modell ever (never used a 3d-tool before?) or the first model, made with c4d (worked already with other tools)?

btw. his facial expression is great! :beer:

honda
06-08-2002, 07:05 PM
Hi,

He looks a little bit astonished: "What I am alive???":)

Good model. I am also feeling my way into 3d and C4D, but have not tried myself at a character yet.

The only comment I have is that I think the back of his nose is a bit wide between the eyes and the ears are a little strange (very small earlobes, strangely folded) and seem to stay of the head like my ears when I look in the mirror. :D not really aerodynamicly satisfying ...

Regards:cool:

finearts2
06-13-2002, 05:02 PM
a couple more...

finearts2
06-13-2002, 05:02 PM
this one

finearts2
06-13-2002, 05:03 PM
and this. Will be adding hair this week.

randyrives
06-14-2002, 02:04 PM
First model, come on now, you must have a least done a sphere before this:p

Nice job. His head seems a little flat(narrow) but that may be the look you are after (goofy).

--Randy R

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.