PDA

View Full Version : Applying nCloth to a smooth bind rig

Buparwiggum
08-27-2011, 07:42 PM
I have a small problem when I'm trying to use nCloth with a fully rigged biped I've created in maya 2011. I have a character that has one torn pant leg (as in shreds) while the other is in tact, I'm trying to set it up so that the tear flaps around during movement but the rest just follows along with the smooth bind weights I have set them too.

My problem is that for the most part the model is a single mesh and the only part of the legs that have been modelled under the clothes is the shin that can be seen threw the tear.

I have tried painting vertex weights so that the input attract is set to 1 for all but the verts around the tear but this has resulted in some awful deformations around the joint bends most notably the knees, I have tried extracting the faces of just the torn area and applying nCloth to only this object then using various constraints such as transforming the verts around the edge and welding them to rest of the model but the mesh still separates during movement.

I am still fairly new to nCloth so I am hoping there may just be a constraint or attribute I have over looked but any advice would be most appreciated.

CGTalk Moderation
08-27-2011, 07:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.