PDA

View Full Version : Rendering directly from the viewport?

ashah
08-26-2011, 08:46 PM
I am rendering waterfall and its taking lots of time when i batch render but when i renderin viewport its very fast. Batch render takes 20mins per frame. while render on viewport take 6 mins.. It is made of particles and i do not know what is wrong with it..

my render settings are mental ray

hd 720, open exr, production quality, 32 bit rgb float

any one who can help me???

I am looking for a script that can render from viewport and save that frame and move on to next and so on...

thanks a lot

Libor
08-30-2011, 04:16 PM
hmm, I dont know what causes this problem but I saw topic here on cgtalk maya forums....try to search CreativeCrash also (I quess it was a sort of script for exactly what are you looking for)

sorry not being more specific...hope this help you at least a tiny bit!

L.

derMarkus
08-31-2011, 02:26 PM
There's a script called sz_RV_RenderMultipleFrames. It's included in the RenderView Extension.

http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/downloads/scripts-plugins/rendering/misc/c/renderview-extension

paradigm3d
09-01-2011, 02:49 AM
I am rendering waterfall and its taking lots of time when i batch render but when i renderin viewport its very fast. Batch render takes 20mins per frame. while render on viewport take 6 mins.. It is made of particles and i do not know what is wrong with it..

thanks a lot

Did you cache your particles? If not, you have to, when we ran batch render in maya with particles, it is looking for cache and if it has then it will immediately render the particles, contrarily, if it has no cache then it will run a simulation up to that frame that you want to render, then render the particles.

CGTalk Moderation
09-01-2011, 02:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.