PDA

View Full Version : Querying Particle Input Force problem.

wizlon
08-26-2011, 11:42 AM
As the post from 2007 below as soon as I query inputForce my particles behave erratically.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

'images/icons/icon5.gif Querying Particle Input Force Weirdness
Hello everyone, I have a strange problem. I have a fluid that is acting as a field on particles emitted by linear moving objects. But as soon as I query the inputForce[$n] attribute of that particular field, in the particle expression, my particles do not behave normaly. They pop and move out of place upon creation. What I was trying to achieve was to get the magnitude of that force, applied on a per particle basis (mag(inputForce[$n])). And as soon as it reaches a certain amount I would kill the particle (lifespanPP=0). This works but my particles are no longer straight lines. It seems like a huge turbulence acts on the particles on the first frame of their creation. But as soon a I comment out the expression where I query inputForce[], everything goes back to normal. Very Strange.

I also tried querying it through getParticleAttr but it tells me the attribute doesn't exist.

I was wondering if anyone had already come across this problem and if so did they find a solution.

Maybe ther is another way of querying that force on a per particle basis.

Many Thanx for your kind replies.

CGTalk Moderation
08-26-2011, 11:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.