PDA

View Full Version : physical_light problem

EightBit
08-25-2011, 11:00 PM
Hello:
I'm starting to use the Mental Ray Cam/Lighting shaders and I've run into a problem (2012 HF 4).
I have a physical light shader attached to a point light. After making an adjustment to the physical_light settings and rendering, further adjustments don't have any affect on the lighting.
For example, if I change the 'color' to black, the light is turned off in the next test render, but when I set it back to white, it is not turned back on (at least not in the render). I have to reload the scene to get Maya to render it correctly.
Am I missing something? Is there a fix for this?
Thanks.

EightBit
08-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Answer (Thanks to "Mastering Maya 2011"):
These lights have very high values which can be set in the color picker for the 'Color' attr of the 'physical_light' node. However, once the slider is moved, the value range reverts back to 0-1. So either type in the new value (in the 'value' field if using HSV or the same number in each of the RGB fields), or use code:
lightVal = 10000
cmds.setAttr ('physical_light1.color', lightVal, lightVal, lightVal, type = 'double3')

CGTalk Moderation
08-26-2011, 05:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.