PDA

View Full Version : Problem with wrap deformer

razeverius
08-19-2011, 07:11 PM
Hi there I'm having a really messed up situation with my wrap deformer anyway the situation is this:

I have a whole body model which has a rig up to the neck, and a head model(wrap) that has a rig up to the neck as well i point and orient constraint the 2 neck joints(from the body rig and the head rig) and they move well together. ( I even tested out the whole model with the head rig and body rig and works well head moves with no problem.

my problem is when i select the vertices of the head from the body model and wrap deform it to the head model(wrap) everything works fine jaws move eyes etc..it's when my character bends or does any kind of stretching or bending movement that his occurs

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt265/razeverius/prob-3.jpg

hope I've explained clearly. I'm slightly panicking as I need to make an animation before Monday.

(p.s. yes i forgot to wrap some vertices behind the ears in this screen cap)

razeverius
08-19-2011, 07:39 PM
I've recently tried this:

have just a model w/o a head with the body rig and a head with a rig wrap deform it onto one whole mesh..but all that's giving me is too much of a heavy scene to animate it moves correctly but it is waayy to heavy for me to animate. I am still quite unfamiliar with rigging in maya so forgive me if I'm doing things wrong :banghead:

razeverius
08-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Here's the effect with my problem Wrap Deformer I mean no blendshape..my bad

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt265/razeverius/prob02-1.jpg

but when i tried out what i said earlier wrap deforming on a whole mesh things come out perfectly :|

razeverius
08-19-2011, 07:53 PM
I think i'll just animate with the one whole mesh wrap deformed. It slows down only when i view the wrap deformed mesh but when I hide and try animating the 2 separate meshes it works well . My problem is it takes hell of a lot long to load esp when i view my wrap deformed mesh I don't think I can animate with this :( Running out of options here

razeverius
08-19-2011, 08:26 PM
I noticed that when i do the 2 wraps on 1 mesh..it breaks at the neck area where the neck is separation is..I'm..out of options...

kanthscorpion
08-28-2011, 07:50 AM
increase drop off distnace

razeverius
08-29-2011, 10:35 PM
increase drop off distnace

sad to say..i repeated the whole rig for the head which in my case was much better so now i've learned and memorized how to rig it properly. Thank you for replying though :D

CGTalk Moderation
08-29-2011, 10:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.