PDA

View Full Version : Tell me what you think of this composit

mefestofel
11-03-2003, 03:01 PM
I just finished a cool little tracking composit shot, and wanted to see what you people thought.

Here is the QT movie (5.6mb) (http://216.120.240.120/SpaceNeedle_track.mov)

Right click and "save as"

It's a helicopter shot of the space needle, and i needed to put a walking man ontop. The man is a CG rendere out of lightwave, and the composit was done in AE6.0. I was able to track this shot with Realviz's MatchMover. MatchMover worked great with very little work on my part.

I would love some C&C

Jayk2k
11-03-2003, 03:19 PM
Ok, I'm going to crit. this as a whole, and not just the composite... feel free to ignore my animation notes...

The shadows are a tad sharp compared to what is on the rest of the space needle. Look at the rest of it, and you will see that there is no sun on it, and the shadows that are there, are very, very soft.

The colour of the shadow looks a bit too magenta, and possibly a little off angle. Perhaps the softening will help it...

Also I have to wonder a bit about the scale.. The person looks a little large, but I don't really know for certain. Part of it could be the walk cycle.

The walk cycle looks a bit rough. Especially in that his knees look bent as he plants his front foot. Generally your leg is almost fully extended as you plant your front foot. Especially if the roof of the needle is sloped, his back leg would have to be bent, and his front leg completley extended.

He is also walking easily to his mark, but I would imagine up there it would be quite windy. Depending on the clients wishes, I would be tempted to add a little more effort into his walk, perhaps with his arms out stretched to his sides a bit to balance himself against the wind.

mefestofel
11-03-2003, 10:36 PM
thanks for the C&C.

At first i also thought the shadow might be a bit too sharp, but in the end i needed something to keep him grounded and not walking on air.

The walk cycle is an actual motion capture that came with MotionBuilder so i cant say much for it. Although you might be right it is a bit of a strange walk.

I spent most of my time making the guy stick to the roof and didnt pay to much attention to the walk. But keep the C&C coming because I'd like to see if i can make it more believable.

Thanks

griffdrc
11-14-2003, 03:48 AM
i would try to mess with bluring the ground to create depth... it will make it jump out more hopefully not float... keep it up tho... is it all 3d... what parts are real... keep it up

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.