PDA

View Full Version : DFX 4.03 released

zuzzabuzz
11-03-2003, 02:22 PM
Howdy folks.
I saw on flay.com (http://www.flay.com/start.cfm) that DFX 4.03 was released, and since I hadn't received e-mail notification from eyeon yet (and this board is kind of quiet) I thought i'd post notice of it here.

Looks like mostly bug fixes, but a couple of enhancements are in there too.

David Wyand
11-03-2003, 04:23 PM
Greetings!

I'd recommend that you join the pigsfly.com mailing list (http://www.pigsfly.com/). The upgrade was announced there by Eyeon (who frequent the list).

I joined it a couple of weeks ago, and have found it invaluable. It's a great way to pick up some tips from the Pros!

- Dave

David Wyand
11-03-2003, 04:25 PM
Greetings again!

And while I think of it, VFXTalk.com is also a great resource (http://www.vfxtalk.com/). I've found it more active than this forum.

- Dave

zuzzabuzz
11-03-2003, 04:31 PM
cheers! :thumbsup:

I like to come here since I'm a big fan of the Lightwave forum. However, I am getting into DFX more and more and am glad to be aware of any community places/sources of information. I just found the krokodrove plugins a couple of weeks ago and have been having fun playing with them.

see you over there.

Kvaalen
11-03-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by zuzzabuzz
cheers! :thumbsup:

I like to come here since I'm a big fan of the Lightwave forum. However, I am getting into DFX more and more and am glad to be aware of any community places/sources of information. I just found the krokodrove plugins a couple of weeks ago and have been having fun playing with them.

see you over there.

Same here :beer:

It seems like there are many LightWave users that have become DFX users too (because of the great deal).
With so many new users I think we should get this place to be a little more active. :thumbsup:

ThreeDBFX
11-03-2003, 06:30 PM
Amen to that!

David Wyand
11-03-2003, 07:29 PM
Greetings!

Sounds good to me. In fact, this was the first place I came to when I purchased the LightWave upgrade/DFX+ bundle. Let's rock! :buttrock:

NOTE! This just posted on pigsfly: v4.03 has been pulled from the web site. The problems appear to affect DF users more than us DFX+ users. They expect to have 4.03a posted within the week...likely before Wednesday evening.

- Dave

zuzzabuzz
11-03-2003, 07:37 PM
Well, if there's anyone with the gift of gab, it's us Lightwavers. ;)
I subscribed to the digest version of pigsfly. Good to know (I guess) about the 4.03 withdrawal. Maybe they'll call it 7.5b instead ;)

ThreeDBFX
11-03-2003, 07:51 PM
What are the problems with 4.03? I've installed it, but I haven't run into any problems yet...then again, I haven't done much in the past couple of days....

David Wyand
11-03-2003, 08:37 PM
Greetings!

Well, it sounds like the major issues are with flows containing images with greater than 8-bit depth...not a problem with DFX+ as it only handles 8-bits.

The only one that they've specifically mentioned is:

We will also be fixing an issue that prevents Text+ from recognizing the font names from flows created in previous versions.

The Product Manager has also stated there were some other issues they wanted to fix, but didn't specify what they were. I know another LW/DFX+ user was having a problem with getting the new filename logicals working (such as FLOW: ), but I don't know if that is truely a bug or not as I have yet to have tried it.

- Dave

ThreeDBFX
11-03-2003, 10:32 PM
Thanks Dave.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.