PDA

View Full Version : Vray Glass rendering Issue(Maya)

Cgimages
08-19-2011, 07:16 AM
Hello All,
i have a simple car scene,and vray driving me nuts ..

All i wish to achieve is the car interiors being visible through the windshield glass .
Which the vraymtl drives me crazy...

Please check the attachments of
1)vraymtl shader properties.(nothing fancy,just reflection and refraction all the way up)
2)render,what i get using the vray shader.
3)and i took a simple shader and attached blin,with refraction up...and i get what i want..

not sure whats messing it up...

imported the scene and tried playing with it,changed lighting ,but still not sure as to whats causing this issue ?!!

-took a new vraymtl shader and turned the refraction full up,no reflection as well,still my interiors isn't visible.?!

Awaiting for some help..

Thanks ...

Tobbe
08-19-2011, 07:47 AM
Check your normals and render-flags on the geometry.

Cgimages
08-19-2011, 07:49 AM
The normals are fine...and in render-flags,it set visible in both reflection and refractions !
Its renders fine with a normal blin shader,with full refraction.but issue crops only with a vrymtl shader ?!

djx
08-19-2011, 12:56 PM
You probably need to check "affect shadows" in the refraction properties, just below where you cropped your screen shot. Glass like these windows work best in vray if you build both sides of the glass in the mesh, with the normals facing the right way. Judging by the reflection, the normals also look like they may be locked or set to vertex.

David

CGTalk Moderation
08-19-2011, 12:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.