PDA

View Full Version : Hello All ^^; About pfx hair rendering...

Kiyam
08-18-2011, 10:59 PM
Greeting~

I have been lurking on this forums without saying much ( mainly because I am intimidated to do so and don't feel ready for it ) But I thought maybe now I would like to post something and get some help =O

Lately I been learning to use mia_SSS shaders and see there is still a lot to learn. I especially like how flexible it is. :D

Right now I have come across a problem with pfx hair as I am not sure or aware of what workflow or techniques I should use to render fast good quality hair.

This is an image of my character I been working on with SSS and AO.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq58xumWvB1r1kvu6o1_500.jpg

The AO pass was with his goggles and head now it makes it look like its floating over the hair and the goggles cut through the pfx hair T_T

Does anyone know a good workflow on how I should render or render pass my hair and what settings I should tweak to make the hair look good and produce better shadows.

I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks for reading! ~

P.S: I hope I put this in the right forum, if not apologies!

gregjenings
08-19-2011, 06:09 PM
If you are using MR I would say use hair primitive option in MR .

Kiyam
08-19-2011, 08:15 PM
If you are using MR I would say use hair primitive option in MR .

Hi gregjenings, thanks for replying, sorry but what is this primitive from? :) If you got any documentation I can look at about it I would be most intrigued.

I switched to rendering the hair on a pass using soft ware rendererer is that a better way to go with this? :)

Libor
08-23-2011, 11:39 AM
When rendering Hair/fur in mray use ptk_hair shader coming with pTK shaders.

Just try to google it.

Mray setting: use preset like "Production Rapid Hair"

CGTalk Moderation
08-23-2011, 11:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.