PDA

View Full Version : Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg students?

inexisting2005
08-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Hey all!

I've just finished Highschool and am taking a year off, but I'm looking forward to applying to Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg next February. I'm currently working on a portofolio that could get me in and since I (as anyone else in my place would, I'm sure) really want to get in, I was wondering if there are any current/former Filmakademie students around here that could post some of the stuff that impressed the board when they applied and, in general, what they did to get in.

Also, if any of you know of any thread similar to this one, I'd be really grateful if you could link it, for my google-fu didn't net me any meaningful results. :bowdown:

Thanks in advance!

annieme
09-15-2011, 06:06 AM
hey

i am not a student at the academy but i am interested in joining there do you think you can give me information about whats the fee structure, last date to apply, also how to apply and do they teach in english?

inexisting2005
09-19-2011, 09:01 AM
They do not teach in English at all, you need to have a german language certificate (DSH - Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang) to be able to be accepted.

As for requirements, they can be found here (http://www.filmakademie.de/studium/allgemeine-informationen/bewerbung/), albeit only in german. They two final registration terms: 15 February for every study except Film und Medien - Technical Directing and Animation/Effects Producing majors - , Interaktive Medien, Motion Design and Regie - Bildungs- und Wissenschaftsfilm majors -, where you need to be registered by the 15th of May.

ManuelM
09-28-2011, 11:44 PM
hey

i am not a student at the academy but i am interested in joining there do you think you can give me information about whats the fee structure, last date to apply, also how to apply and do they teach in english?

Education, is (more or less) free in Germany. The idea behind that is that your financial background/family situation shouldn't determine whether you can study or not.
Getting into filmacademy isn't easy though. They have hundreds if not thousands of applicants each year.

CGTalk Moderation
09-28-2011, 11:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.