PDA

View Full Version : Mental ray: cutout problem

Miniminer
08-18-2011, 12:24 PM
Hi guys

I have atm a problem that I don't know how to solve, maybe one of you can help me, here's the description of my problem:

I made a structure of a "building" with different type of objects on it (some has a turbosmooth, some has a special texture with a UV map, etc.). The problem is now that I need to render "levels" of that building and I was thinking to use the cut-out map with a gradient ramp.
I attached all the objects into one polygon (they had all a different material id for their respectively texture). When I was almost ready to try to cut-out map I remembered that I had to use a UV map for the gradient ramp, and then I realized that I couldn't use this UV map because some objects (now elements in my super huge polygon, still following ? :p ) had specific UV coordinates so their texture will be f*cked up :sad: :banghead:

So has someone any other idea how I could solve my problem ? It's preferable that all the parts keep their respectively texture (so no "clay render" with cut-out map).

Thanks for your time & help

(I'm using 3DSM 2012 & Mental Ray)

MikeBracken
08-19-2011, 10:17 PM
You could just use another mapping channel and uvw modifier for the gradient.

Regards,
Mike

Miniminer
08-22-2011, 05:44 PM
Hello Mike

Thank you for your reply, I fixed it with the "slice" modifier, worked well too

CGTalk Moderation
08-22-2011, 05:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.