PDA

View Full Version : vray Animation (rendering) mode issue

redbranch1
08-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Hi,
I'm doing a simple turntable animation of a truck, and I'm running into an issue.
I've output all my irradiance maps using the Animation (prepass) mode, which went uneventfully.
When I go to actually render the images using Animation (rendering) mode, the images are taking a enormous amount of time. For example, a frame that rendered in single frame mode took 1.40 minutes, I stopped at 12 minutes with it being less than 10% done.
I've toyed around with turning distributed rendering on and off, not sure what could be causing this. I've attached a image of my Indirect Illumination settings. Has anybody else encountered this, or can maybe point me in the direction of what to look at?

Thanks!

PerfectLine
08-19-2011, 06:54 PM
WHOA, 400 subdivs? Way too much. Even for a very high setting.

If you did the irradiance baking you don't need that high at all. Not even close to that high. The min max is more important on the irradiance mapping for filling in the details.

I am not sure what settings you used for baking but... I wouldn't go over 80 subdivs or 30 interp samples.. But.. you can bake anywhere from min rate -3, maybe -2 AND if your really heavy on small details.... which I doubt you are for a turn table with a truck... then maybe max rate 0, maybe 1. But I rarely ever go that high for anything. Set the subdivs down to 50-80 ish first and try a frame.

redbranch1
08-19-2011, 07:16 PM
Good to know, I appreciate the advice :)
I actually usually leave it at 50-70, not entirely sure why I pumped it up.

I have a feeling the issue is not with my scene, but something with either my computer, or the nightly build of vray I'm using. I went back and tried to re-render an animation I did in may. Back then, it worked perfectly. Now, it's hanging just like the truck render

CGTalk Moderation
08-19-2011, 07:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.