PDA

View Full Version : Rescaling edges to average size...

Turq
11-03-2003, 07:10 AM
I've just started learning maxscript and I'm having a little trouble finding out the best way to go out about this:

I need to get the average length of the already selected edges then resize each of those edges to that length. This would basically take quads that are uneven and make them square or make an octacon out of an uneven 8 sided n-gon.

Sadly since I just started with max script, all I can get the script to do is recognize that I have edges selected. Thats about it. I cant seem to figure out how to determine the length of each edge.

EricChadwick
11-04-2003, 02:39 PM
I'm not a scripter, but there is a function in Chris Subagio's csPolyTools that averages vert distances to make a perfect ngon. Might help you.
http://www.3dluvr.com/subagio/cspolytools.html

Turq
11-04-2003, 04:23 PM
BWAHAHAHA...

You mean I had that function this whole time?

Oh well. Thats what I get for not paying close attention to all the plugins I download. Thanks for pointing that out BTW. I would have probably ended up recreating that stupid thing.

:applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.