PDA

View Full Version : How do you get a control/ curve out of a joint's container?

maroond
08-16-2011, 02:54 AM
edit: nevermind i figured this out. down arrow with a curve control selected to grab its container, shift select joint and parent -r -s.

The thing i cant figure out is how do i select the shape and unparent it from the joint?

djx
08-16-2011, 01:26 PM
As far as I know, the shapeNode cant exist without a parent. You can unparent it from the joint, only by parenting it to something else.

David

maroond
08-16-2011, 05:25 PM
As far as I know, the shapeNode cant exist without a parent. You can unparent it from the joint, only by parenting it to something else.

David

thats the thing. how do i select the shape node when both the joint and shape appear as one curve?

djx
08-16-2011, 11:29 PM
I'd either use the outliner (with shapes displayed) or select in the viewport and pickwalk down/across to the shapeNode. In your first post you mentioned the down arrow. Did you know you can use the left and right arrows to step from one shapeNode to the next (assuming there is more than one under the transform).

David

CGTalk Moderation
08-16-2011, 11:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.