PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Blend Shapes

Buparwiggum
08-15-2011, 08:45 PM
I'm creating a simple biped rig and have used blend shapes to create some simple facial poses, I am now skinning the model. If I turn the head and turn one of my blend shapes on the head will revert back to facing forward, is there anyway around this?

dunkelzahn
08-16-2011, 08:10 AM
Your skinning and blend shape nodes are stacked up incorrectly. Currently your mesh is being deformed by the bones skinning and then the blendshape is applied to it. You need to change it, so the blendshape is applied and then the skinning afterwards.

Im sitting in front of a Max machine right now, so I cant give you the lowdown on the details, but Ive had that bug in the past and its really quite easy to fix.

Just press "F1" and be happy ;)

Cheers

Chris

Buparwiggum
08-16-2011, 04:00 PM
Ah probably should've mentioned I'm using maya not max, that would've been helpful eh? I imagine its a very similar problem though so will try and sort that out so the blend shapes are applied before the skinning. I originally applied my blend shapes before I applied the smooth bind but the blend shapes stopped working for some unknown reason so I had to reapply them.

Buparwiggum
08-16-2011, 04:11 PM
All sorted now cheers for the help :D

dunkelzahn
08-17-2011, 08:37 AM
Good to hear it all went well ;)

About the 3d app thing. Yeah, mention it in your post, the more information you give the people on this forum the more specific help they can give you.

Have fun

Chris

CGTalk Moderation
08-17-2011, 08:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.