PDA

View Full Version : Status Report: Tell us about your entry.. (And tell us your opinion of the challenge)

RobertoOrtiz
08-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Hi guys,
I just asnted to ask you about the progress on your entries.
So tell us:

How is your entry coming along?
Do you need any help?
Tell us abit about the technical challenges of your entry.
What improvements would you like to see in future challenges?
What would you do different in a future challenge?

And tell us why when voting time comes people should vote for your entry.
-R

Wirginia
08-15-2011, 08:40 PM
I'm expecting that soon I will have lots of work to do, because the rig is almost finished now. In meantime I'm texturing environment. As I mentioned before, we are moving abroad, so next month we will wait for shipment with our computers. I will take my laptop with me, but I'm not sure how much I will be able to render on it. If Kelly will not have time (or computer for a month) to animate robot I will try my best at least to set up few poses for weapon use/presentation. In this case I think we would like to change our entry to "Weapon Testing", instead of "Arena Intro".

Do we need help - oh yes, more time definitely helps! Thanks for additional month, Roberto.

The biggest challenge is to get to the point when I can actually create and render some VFX. There is so much work with texturing, environment... maybe we approached it too ambitiously? Not enough planning...

Thanks to this challenge I learned so much already, although it will be hard lesson if we don't finish it.

What I would do differently... Most time I spent on uv-mapping and texturing the robot and there was no time to do that, but I can't progress any more with vfx till animation is ready, and I like textured look of robot, so I don't think it was total waste of time.

If we finish the challenge and If I will be still alive when voting time comes, then people should vote for our entry because it looks awesome!

FlorinMocanu
08-17-2011, 07:10 AM
Hi Roberto,

Do you need any help?
What would you do different in a future challenge?

1. We are working on shots right now, we will do around 15 shots in total, with 4 finished already.

2. At the moment with the current deadline we can manage without problems, hopefully we will stay problem free till the end :).
3. The challenge is doing really good quality with just 2 PCs, me and Vlad really wanted to do our best with our limited resources.
4. It's our first time participating in FXWars, i would need to think about this question. But i am definitely really happy with the support you and Mike Hanson gave us, through the really nice models.
5. This question is better answered at the end of the competition. I will definitely post an answer to this when it's all finished.

Frescalus
08-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Do you need any help?
What would you do different in a future challenge

1. Our entry is starting to come along good now that we have a full team
2. We have a full team and we have everything covered so far, we should be good...
3. The main thing was getting the story out and the shots blocked, we're up to the animating stage. The other thing is getting the FX right, but once the animation is out we'll be able to get the FX out in no time.
4. Right now no suggestion on this, this was just a matter of luck and talking to people to get rolling
5. Maybe a better way of finding teams? Other than that, no suggestion.

ParamountCell
09-01-2011, 05:50 PM
I am still in the planning stages, I have been super busy recently but I will most definitely post something soon.

pingking
09-02-2011, 10:16 AM
i'm sorry but i cant finish my work or do any further improvements. i'm currently back at work and we have to deliver in 2 weeks. so i wont spent my little spare time with more CG work.

but it was a great theme for a challenge

CGTalk Moderation
09-02-2011, 10:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.