PDA

View Full Version : Online Animation Course

stacey1983
08-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Hi All :)

I need to seek some advise, I recently graduated on Ba Animation course in the uk and was looking to expand my skills through Animation Mentor, I seeked advise from them that I can get a career development loan through Directgov.

The problem is they can only fund upto 10'000 which the course is 12'000 so I would need to find the extra 2'000 to attend the course.

My question is by any chance, is there an online course that is very similar to the Animation Mentor that is under the budget that Directgov can offer?

I only want to study the Animation side of it, not modelling, rigging, skinning etc like the other online courses I have searched for, just Animation like Animation Mentor offers.

Really hope I can get some feedback, very appreciated :D

fig
08-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Check out iAnimate (http://ianimate.net), fantastic program and it's a bit cheaper than AM.

stacey1983
08-13-2011, 12:37 PM
Cheers for that :) I also had a look at the Vancouver online Animation School which again is cheaper than AM. do you know anything about that program by any chance?

fig
08-15-2011, 09:54 PM
Sure don't, I did the first class at AM and am a current iAnimate student so those are the only two programs I can speak authoritatively on.

agktran3d
08-15-2011, 09:54 PM
Hey Stacey, just giving you my input, AnimSchools another great school that's just come out if you wanna take a look at them. I also did the ianimate program and it's a fantastic program, filled with elite talented people. I don't know anything about vancouver online, but do as much research and you won't regret it :)

stacey1983
08-16-2011, 01:11 PM
cheers for that guys :)

I did send an email to the ianimate to ask if they are a register school for me to be able to get a loan from the government, which they replied that they are not, so I need one that is register cos atm i am unemployed and trying to improve my skills to get a chance on getting a job. it wouldnt be a problem if i had the money to pay for it, but unfortunately I dont have it and with the recession, its alot harder just to get a temp job :(

Thats why i wanted to see if you guys knew anything about it, but if you have any more advise for me, please let me know :D

agktran3d
08-16-2011, 07:18 PM
AnimSchool from my understanding does do scholarships.

Other then that there's nothing wrong with being self taught off the web, but it's the keen eyes to detail you want from the professionals that will push your work further that will make the difference.

stacey1983
08-16-2011, 08:01 PM
yeah exactly :) thats why I wanted to do one of these courses, cos I know I will learn alot more from the professionals than being self taught.

As for the scholarship, I am gonna assume that it will only be offered to an US Citizen, not a UK Citizen :(

But I shall ask anyway :D

agktran3d
08-16-2011, 11:34 PM
hi visit the Animschool facebook page it may have the answer you were looking for.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Animschool/174875139232456

CGTalk Moderation
08-16-2011, 11:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.