PDA

View Full Version : SMC 63 - Open Session -

whom
08-12-2011, 11:51 AM
I have made a list now compiled with the topics posted here in the SMC sessions, many of them are from MSus lists since I think he was a genious with new items and topics. Other are from the latest items from me.

This is the open session. In the open session you got two choices, either choose an item from the list that I have provided here or as a second choice you can post an item of your own.
Main focus will be on speed, however in the open session it is encouraged that you finish your model if you want.
Post your speed session time limit, the one that you have set for yourself; And also post the time limit that it took you to finish the model.
You don't have to finish the model, up to you.

Time limit is up to you aswell.
The open session don't expire on any particular date, it is open and more flexible than the older SMC sessions. Personally I think this is better than to keep posting new sessions with low participation.

Here's the list:
http://www.umbus.com/post/ModellistCGSociety.txt

You are also encouraged to add topics in this thread, just add items that are not in my list in your post in this thread.
I hope all of you enjoy this idea, keep modeling everyone. :)
Sincerely
Mattias (God-Of-Zilla)

whom
08-18-2011, 09:01 PM
You guys did get the idea of this thread, right?

taruno2r
08-19-2011, 03:45 AM
I set my time to 2 hours. Luckily I could complete my modelling in 1.5 hours.
I also did a few lighting and texturing.(Texturing was not perfect.I am no expert)
Comments are welcome
Thanks

gamarala
08-23-2011, 03:12 PM
hmmmm I think I get it... I'll have a go on this one. Got a project with some friends of mine that I'm starting sometimes next week and I'll incorporate this into that. :cool:

btw, do we have to post concept stuff? that'll be a bit awkward for me. :surprised

whom
08-24-2011, 05:55 PM
hmmmm I think I get it... I'll have a go on this one. Got a project with some friends of mine that I'm starting sometimes next week and I'll incorporate this into that. :cool:

btw, do we have to post concept stuff? that'll be a bit awkward for me. :surprised

The idea is that this is just like any other Smc session, the only difference is that you can choose one item from the list or add one item of your own which at the same time you post here.
I think it could be more interesting to see each others more finished models aswell which is optional though, so a poster "member" can decide for himself what he want.

I haven't had the time to do something yet but I will add something, maybe this coming weekend. Speed paintings are usually quicker to slip one in from time to time.

whom
08-24-2011, 05:56 PM
gamarala, yea btw forgot to answer, no concepts but mostly items. ..Was my initial idea anyway.....

Borgfriend
08-31-2011, 09:54 PM
I don't know if it is such a good idea to remove the monthly topics, it seems there is no real time pressure. Before I at least tried to get a minimum of one object done before the session was over. (Speaking as the guy that only entered like 3 times)

Anyway a Violin 3h:
http://nealbuerger.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/365_violin-1024x576.jpg

whom
08-31-2011, 10:45 PM
Yea I'm starting to suspect that it was perhaps a bad idea this thread.
We must do something new then.
What kind of ideas do you guys have?

What do you think about perhaps only two items in each session? That would be possible, to just follow the list. But it is kind of at a dead end somehow, not sure why.
It is hard to make this section work, some guys offer their help and then when they are supposed to help out they don't.

Let me know. :)

I have been doing some personal work which is why I havent been adding to this thread yet as I should have. Modeling and sketching consumes time for sure.

Borgfriend
09-01-2011, 05:19 PM
I would have the only idea to give out virtual prizes, like a gold, silver, bronze medal thing.
And a closed thread where only the best works are presented. Somehow making it more like a contest.

The Wright Flyer I (3h):
http://nealbuerger.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/365_wright_Flyer_I-1024x576.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
09-01-2011, 05:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.