PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Red is orange?

Rezz
11-02-2003, 06:41 PM
I can't make heads or tails of it. I tried reinstalling it and it still has the same problem. I thought it might be my monitor but Painter shows red and even MSpaint.

any ideas? I also used the default color manager .

singularity2006
11-02-2003, 08:58 PM
i had that problem once and it turned out to be my really !@#$ LCD flat panel. It was brand new but I returned it anyway to get another one and all my colors, including the red-orange came back to me!! =DDDD

But in anycase, even on some monitors, a fresh install of PS will give colors a diff look because the sytem is using a diff color management setting than default. Your best bet is to fine tune your Adobe Gamma loader: start menu > control panel > Adobe Gamma. Run through the wizard and it should get your colors back to normal in no time.

Rezz
11-03-2003, 02:41 AM
I thought it might be the monitor too but since it works fine in painter etc. is it really just the monitor?

i tried the adobe gamam but with little luck :(

Its pretty brand new too -got it maybe 5 months ago. view sonic model.

singularity2006
11-03-2003, 06:06 AM
hmmm yeah, that's really the only thing I can think of @ the moment. But w/ that monitor, I don't think u should have any strange color problems. The only way I could correct it was the gamma loader.

One last thing comes to mind and that is the question of whether or not you have installed Illustrator onto your system. If you installed illustrator after you installed Photoshop, I would recommend re-installing Photoshop to get all the color profiles up to date. Illustrator 10 was one step behind in the color profiles so ends up overwriting the newer ones put in place by Photoshop 7.

Rezz
11-03-2003, 11:25 PM
I don't have illustrator but it looks like my red came back ...guess it just went on vacation for a while in the Bahamas with some long island ice tea.

but seriously I don't know why it came back since I didn't do anything other than the adobe gama stuff; however, even then it wasn't fix.

DaveClements
11-04-2003, 09:33 PM
Hasn't anyone realised yet? This is almost certainly the color setup in Photoshop. You should be so lucky that your reds are orange... my greys are red!!!

Its just calibration. Go to the prefs and sort it with the options there.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.